AFDB Virtual Internship 2023 in Africa for International Students:
Welcome! Applicants are warmly welcomed to apply for AFDB Virtual Internship 2023 in Africa. All International Students from AFDB member countries are allowed to apply for African Development Bank (AfDB) Virtual Internship Program – Session II. The paid Internship Program available for talented students. Program applicants are selected on a competitive basis based on the business needs of the Bank.
African Development Bank was Established in 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) is a pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social development across the continent. There are 81 member states included, 54 of which are from Africa (regional member states).
You may also apply for: Mitacs Globalink Research Internship Program 2023 in Canada | Fully Funded
The Bank’s development agenda is offering financial and technical support/aid for transformative projects that will significantly minimize poverty by inclusive and sustainable economic growth. To aim sharply on the goals of the Ten-Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure high development impact, five major sectors (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery to Africa, have been identified. has been done, namely: energy, industrialization, agribusiness, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The internship program is part of a broader talent management framework that facilitates/support the Bank’s delivery of its ten-year strategy and high 5s.
You may also apply for: Toyota Graduate Trainee Program 2023 | Fully Paid | in South Africa
AFDB Virtual Internship 2023 in Africa Details:
- Offered by: African Development Bank
- Degree level: Internship
- Internship coverage/Pay: Paid
- Eligible Students: International
- Host country: West Africa
- Application’s Last Date: 1 September 2022.
You may also apply for: European Union Blue Book Traineeship 2022-2023 | Fully Funded
Follow us on following Social Media Platforms to get latest Updates;
Join US on Telegram
Join US on Facebook
Objectives of AFDB Virtual Internship 2023 in Africa:
The main objectives of the program are:
- Give students with a chance to gain professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Offer the bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
However, applicants must not expect that an internship will offer immediate employment with the bank.
Fields of study required for AfDB internship:
- The fields of study from which interns are selected must be within the bank’s job family, environment, agriculture, private sector development, particularly economics, human capital development (education and health), finance, infrastructure development. Human Resource Management, Information Technology, communication, internal audit, budgeting, law, governance or any other field of study which the Bank considers relevant to its operations.
- Special attention/preference will be given to students who are working on projects that have a direct impact on the Bank’s mission.
Timeline of Session II of 2022 Internship Programme:
The 2022 AFDB Virtual Internship program session will run from August 2, 2022 to December 2022.
Terms and Conditions for Internship
- Each applicant will be given an internship for a period not less than three (3) months and not more than six (6) months. Internship is offered only once for any candidate.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, internees will not be allowed to travel to the duty station. The internship will be conducted/held remotely from the intern’s respective locations. Thus, interns are expected/anticipate to have access to a personal computer, a good Internet connection and a conducive environment that facilitates/ease smooth and uninterrupted remote working.
- In some cases, and more importantly where the duties and responsibilities assigned to interns cannot be performed remotely, the Bank may approve on-site internships on an exceptional/unexpected basis. In such cases:
- Internees will be responsible/answerable for their transportation (in case of air travel) to and from the bank location.
- Only those internees who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will have access to the bank’s office premises.
- The Bank should make reasonable efforts to assist/help the concerned interns in obtaining their entry and residence visas.
- Eligible internees will be benefited from medical insurance coverage paid by the Bank during their internship period.
- Eligible internees will be offered with a monthly stipend.
Eligibility Criteria for AFDB Virtual Internship 2023 in Africa:
To be eligible for the AFDB Virtual Internship 2023 in Africa, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have attained the age of majority in their nationality or country of origin at the time of start of the internship program and should not exceed thirty (30) years of age.
- Presently applicants enrolled in a master’s level degree program at a recognized public or private institution of higher education.
- An internee may apply for an internship within one (1) year of obtaining such degree.
- Applicant should Be a citizen of an AFDB member countries.
- Give a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above degree. Internee should be fluent in at least one of the banks’ two working languages (English or French).
- Applicants must be able to use bank standard software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); Knowledge of SAP is a must.
You may also apply for: Coca Cola Internship 2022-23 Fully Paid | Internships
Areas of Strategic Focus:
Specific subjects and specialist professional areas are positioned with the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy (TYS) and Gender Strategy. Furthermore, the Bank’s areas of employment, the following areas will be addressed:
- Agriculture, Human & Social Development
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization
- Environmental and Social Assessment
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth
- Economics, Statistics
- Governance and Knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, General Services & Procurement, Language Services, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-Corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations
AFDB Virtual Internship 2023 in Africa Deadline:
1st September 2022 is the last date to apply for the AFDB Virtual Internship 2023 in Africa for International Students.
How to Apply for AFDB Virtual Internship 2023 in Africa?
There is an Online Application Process available to apply for AFDB Virtual Internship 2023 in Africa. Visit the following official advertisement: