Korean Government GKS Scholarship for International Students:
Applications are open for the Korean Government Scholarship in Korea 2023-2024 South Korea. All International Students from all around the globe are allowed to apply for Global Korea Scholarship. Global Korea GKS Scholarship is Fully Funded Scholarship to undertake Master’s Degree or PhD Degree from South Korea. This Year, the Korean Government is providing 1,278 International Scholarships from 145 countries who want to start a graduate-level degree (Master’s or Doctoral) or Research in Korea.
Almost all academic fields and majors are provided by Korean Government to undertake Postgraduate degree programs from Korean best Universities. All the expenses will be offered by Government of Korea. You may also apply for: Rotary Peace Fellowships 2023-2024 – Fully Funded
Korea Government Scholarship is one of the best Scholarships in the globe which selects a high Number of Students each Year.
Korean Government Scholarship in Korea 2023-2024 Details:
- Host University: Korean Universities
- Degree Programs: Masters & PhD Programs
- Scholarship Funding: Fully Funded
- Eligible Candidates: All Nationalities
- Host Country: South Korea
- Application’s Last Date: Different for each university
oin our Social Media Platforms to get Latest Updates;
keep in Touch with us & Follow us on our social media accounts Twitter, Instagram, Quora, LinkedIn and Reddit
You may also apply for: Montreal University Scholarship in Canada 2023-2024
You may also apply for: DAAD Scholarships 2023-2024 in Germany
Financial benefits of Korean Government Scholarship Program:
Korean Government GKS Scholarship 2023-24 is a Fully Funded Scholarship in Korea for all international students. The Global Korea GKS Scholarship will offer all the expenses. Following is the details about covered benefits:
- It offers Complete Tuition Fee
- It provides Monthly Allowance(KRW 1,000,000 – KRW 1,500,000)
- Resettlement Allowance (KRW 200,000) will be given
- Medical Insurance (KRW 20,000) will be provided
- Offers Research Support(KRW 210,000 – 240,000)
- It gives Round Airfare Tickets
- Language Courses
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency will be given
- It gives Printing Costs (Dissertation) (KRW 500,000 – 800,000)
- Completion Grant will be provided.
About GKS Scholarships:
This scholarship is offered for international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in Graduate Programs at Higher Educational Institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
You may also apply for: University of Michigan Dearborn Scholarship 2023-2024 in USA
Available Study Programs
- All-Academic Fields & Majors are offered Under the Global Korea Scholarship by the Korean Government for Masters & PhD.
- Applicants can choose their majors (fields of study) that are only listed in the “University Information” file.
Korean Scholarship’s Duration:
- For Master’s Degree:3 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 2 years degree program
- Doctoral Degree:4 years
- 1 year for Korean language program
- 3 years for regular degree program
- Research Program:6 Months.
You may also apply for: University of Otago Masters Scholarship 2023-2024 in New Zealand
Eligibility Criteria for Global Korea Scholarship:
Applicants must have to meet the following eligibility criteria while applying for Korean Government GKS Scholarship Program in Korea:
- All applicants should be in good health, both mentally and physically.
- All candidates should have maintained CGPA equivalent to or higher than following:
- CGPA:64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, 3.23/5.0
- Percentage:80% or above on a 100-point scale or be ranked within the top 20% within one’s class.
- All candidates should hold citizenship of NIIED designated countries
- All students and their parents should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who have Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are Not allowed to apply.
- Students and their parents who had previously held Korean citizenship must submit documentation that proves of their renunciation of Korean citizenship
- under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2023 (born after September 1, 1983)
- Academic professors who are under 45 years of age as of September 1, 2023 (born after September 1, 1978) and have citizenship of one of the Official Development Assistance (ODA) recipients listed in the table below are allowed to apply.
You may also apply for: Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship 2023-2024 in UK
- Applicants should hold or should be expected to hold a Bachelor’s Degree to be enrolled in a Master Program or hold a Master Degree to be enrolled in Ph.D. Degree Program.
- Research Program Applicants: must have a degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master’s degree and should have received an invitation from one of NIIED’s designated Korean universities.
- Postdoctoral Research Program: Must have a doctoral degree or a level of education equivalent to a doctoral degree.
- Those candidates who are expected to graduate at the time of applying should first submit the certificate of expected graduation at the time of applying.
- English Language Requirements/Certificate.
The deadline to apply for the Korean Government GKS Scholarship Program – GKS Scholarship is varying from Country to Country and Korean Embassy to Embassy of your Country.
All applicants must have to check the deadline for application submission by contacting their relevant embassy or desired university directly.
You may also apply for: Australia Awards Scholarships in Australia 2023
How to Apply for Korean Government GKS Scholarships 2023?
The process to apply Korean Government GKS Scholarships is different and set by each country. The official website link is mentioned below. We highly advise you to make it sure to check the calls for 2023-24 GKS applications separately announced by relevant institutions or offices in your country.
Some Frequently asked questions;
Q: What is the Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) program?
Ans: The Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) program is a scholarship program funded by the Korean government and administered by the National Institute for International Education (NIIED). The aim of the program is to provide international students with the opportunity to pursue graduate-level studies in Korea and to foster a deeper understanding of Korean culture and society.
Q: Who is eligible/allowed to apply for the GKS program?
Ans: To apply for the GKS program, you must be a citizen of a country other than South Korea and meet the following criteria:
- You must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification and be under 40 years of age as of September 1 of the year you plan to enroll in a Korean university.
- You must have a high level of proficiency in the English language, as demonstrated by a TOEFL or TOEIC score, or by other means as specified by the host institution.
- You must have a good academic record and be in good health.
Q: What type of program can I study under the GKS program?
Ans: You can study either a Master’s degree or a Doctoral degree program in a wide range of academic fields offered by Korean universities.
Q: How long is the scholarship period? A: The scholarship period for Master’s degree programs is two years and for Doctoral degree programs is three years.
Q: What does the scholarship cover? A: The scholarship covers the following expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly living allowances
- Return airfare
- Research allowances
- Korean language training fees (if necessary)
- Medical insurance
Q: When is the application deadline for the GKS program?
Ans: The application deadline for the GKS program depends on the host institution and the academic field of study. It is best to check with the host institution for the specific deadline.
Q: How can I apply for the GKS program?
A: The application procedure to apply for the GKS program involves the following steps:
- Research and select the host institution and academic program that you are interested in.
- Submit an online application through the NIIED website (niied.go.kr) during the application period.
- If your application is successful, you will be invited to attend an interview with the host institution.
- If you pass the interview, you will receive a final offer of admission and scholarship from the host institution.